AMTRA – Leading European brand in water treatment and aquarium fish feed products.
Born from the experience of Aquarium Glaser (the most important European greenhouse for import and export of aquarium fish) to respond directly to the needs and problems of tropical fish during importation, acclimatization and housing now has a complete catalog for assortment can embrace the whole world of aquariology and pond.
In addition to the historical bacterial and natural products for water treatment, to live and frozen foods, to natural decoratives, today we produce tanks, aquariums and technologically advanced accessories suitable for both beginners and experienced hobbyists.
The group consists of 3 companies that guarantee for each product the correct development, the quality of production and the reliability of marketing directly in the field. From Germany to China, passing through the Italian headquarters, every process is constantly monitored in order to offer a high level of service now exported all over the world.
Product lines are constantly being updated to keep up with industry trends.
From left: Dario Croci (CEO CROCI SPA), Ulrich Glaser (founder of Amtra, today CEO AMTRA CROCI GMBH), Allan Lin (CEO AMTRA CROCI ASIA CO., LTD), Robustelli Davide (Amtra Brand Manager). Stand “Amtra” CIPS 2019
- PI HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED OF HAVING A LITTLE CORNER OF NATURE IN MY HOME. THE AQUARIUM IS A SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT, A WINDOW TO THE EARTH, BRINGING LIGHT AND RELAXATION INTO EVERY APARTMENT.
- PI LIKE TO SIT IN THE ARMCHAIR IN FRONT OF THE AQUARIUM AFTER A HARD DAY'S WORK LOOKING AT THE FISH AND CORALS: MY MIND GOES BACK TO HOT SUMMER DAYS AND MEMORIES OF DIVING IN THE REEF!
- PMANY OF US WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SMALL "ISLAND" OF CALM, BEAUTY AND GRACE, AMONG THE WAVES OF THE SEA. AFTER ALL, AN AQUARIUM IS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL AND STYLISH! IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DISTRACT AND RELAX, FEELING UNITED WITH NATURE.
- PTHE BEST MOMENT OF MY DAY? COMING HOME AT NIGHT AND TEACHING MY SON TO FEED THE FISH IN THE AQUARIUM AND TAKE CARE OF THEM! HOW MUCH CURIOSITY THIS CORNER OF NATURE AROUSES IN CHILDREN!
- PTHE AQUARIUM IS THE BEST PICTURE I COULD DREAM OF IN MY HOME! A CONSTANTLY EVOLVING CANVAS, IN WHICH I AM THE ONE WHO HELPS THE WISE HANDS OF NATURE TO COLOR ALWAYS A LITTLE MORE WHAT IS FRAMED IN THESE FIVE GLASSES!
- Amtra was founded in 1986 within Aquarium Glaser, the most important European greenhouse specialized in the import and export of tropical fish.
- The need to have available products for water treatment and food useful to promote the life of the rarest and most delicate fish species pushes the team of biologists and experts of Aquarium Glaser to develop directly preparations and feeds for internal use, at that time hardly available on the market.
Ulrich Glaser’s great insight was to use the knowledge he had gained from working with a Canadian company on the treatment of natural reservoirs and industrial wastewater using bacterial-based products, and to adapt it for use in aquaria. Tests carried out in the housing tanks of Aquarium Glaser showed the very high value of this type of products, able to purify water in a natural way, without the process interfering with the chemical and physical parameters and reducing at the same time the waste of water resulting from the substantial changes that until then were necessary for the disposal of pollutants.
- In 1989, following continuous requests from retailers enthusiastic about the results obtained by trying this product in their tanks, AMTRA CLEAN, the first bacterial-based product in Europe specifically formulated for use in aquariums, was launched on the market. Despite the initial skepticism of major competitors, the product is a huge success among retailers and hobbyists and in a short time is present in all German stores. The efficacy is so high that initial doubts are immediately dispelled and within two years all the main German specialized companies start marketing similar bacterial-based products.
- Among the first products marketed there were also natural decoratives, which have always been the company’s strong point, important from the same countries of origin of tropical fish as well as frozen feeds which were difficult to find at the time.
- In 2005 Amtra introduced a new revolution in the world of aquarium water treatment: AMTRA CLEAN PROCULT, the first product on the market based on LIVE bacteria, which is still the TOP SELLER in its category in specialty stores. The basic idea is very simple: to insert in the aquarium organisms immediately active in the degradation of pollutants, which do not require additional time to come into action, thus making the treatment effective in real time. The main problem is inherent in the nature of the product which must be kept at low temperatures in order to remain %22alive%22. Through the establishment of a production and storage center and impeccable logistics, AMTRA CLEAN PROCULT quickly established itself on the market, winning in 2008 the %22best aquarium product%22 award according to ZooZajac, the world’s largest pet shop.
- In 2010 after more than 10 years of collaboration Amtra merges with the Italian company Croci, Italian leader for 20 years in the pet sector. This is how Amtra Croci GmbH was born, a company able to embrace the Pet sector at 360° with a high degree of specialization in all its ramifications.
- In 2017, Amtra’s new era began with the introduction of aquariums and technical accessories to its catalog, complementing its historical products for water treatment, food and furniture.
- In 2019, AMTRA CROCI ASIA CO., LTD is founded in China, a strategic company for the development, quality control and on-site production of aquariums and accessories, as well as the distribution of the brand in the eastern market.